20 October 2010

Lion King

It's Wednesday here in the beautiful archipelago of the Philippines - and in case you're wondering, no, I didn't get hired into the Department of Tourism, nah-uh, nope. Because, and this is entirely irrelevant to this blog, I'd rather not be an employee of the government of the Philippines and be underpaid and consequently risk being gulped up by the corrupt system that's always been there since before I was born.

At any rate, my being here in East Asia or Southeast Asia to be exact is relevant; for as it is, I wake up earlier than Steve Jobs and so my waiting agony for Wednesday to come and for Stevie J. to deliver his keynote is prolonged.

It's good that after a long, long, long time spent making love with everything iOS - iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen - it's gonna be "Back To The Mac" at last!
from cultofmac.com

And is that Simba, the Lion King, I see peeking out inconspicuously from behind that swiveling Apple logo?

Needless to say, I'm excited for this Apple event. Although I'm still in the denial stage - I can't seem to enunciate "Mac OS Ten Lion" just yet, hard as I try to use self-inflicted coercion.

Oh man! Ceiling Cat was really good...it sounds friendlier and really feels like home - or even your bedroom (we used to have cats at home and they somehow found a way to hang out in that space between my bedroom's plywood ceiling and our roof.)
Just kidding! :)

Lynx could've sounded better though...

And of course the one thing that we all are wondering about: Will the king of the jungle make friends with our Mini 311's?

5 comments:

Iperzampem0 said...

Hey, what do you think about the new Macbook Air 11,6"? I think Apple has "copied" a lot from our Mini's! XD Such as the Screen Resolution and the possibility to have a great Mac Mini Laptop for REAL mobility...
So, it's a sub-notebook, I think 3x more fast than our HP's. Well, like or dislike?

Unknown said...

The Apple thing uses the space for keyboard and trackpad way more efficiently than HP Mini. This is evident from the fact that the keyboard is the same size but still they manage to put their giant trackpad in, and it does not look cramped at all.

The build quality is superior, but I would not buy the new MBA: I just don't believe in the speed and reliability of current flash media of any sort.

My HP Mini has its out-of-the-box Hitachi replaced with a 500 GB, 7200 RPM Seagate, and runs intensive read-write tests on PostgreSQL databases for me. I have doubts that a flash drive will sustain that kind of load before it wears out, and I'm not even discussing the miserable capacity and overly high money/gigabyte ratio.

LeMaurien19 said...

@Iperzampem0
Aside from the unibody chassis and the $999 tag price, the 11" MBA is déjà vu to me.

Makes me appreciate my 311 - what does it feel like to use the new smaller MBA? I feel like I'm a prototype tester for the 11" MBA as I use my Mini 311.

and @Yaroslav Fedevych
Aren't we all green with envy for that gorgeous glass trackpad?

For the Mini 311 running OS X gives a glimpse of what could be expected from the 11" MBA but it does NOT come any closer than that to the real thing of course. Like I've said above, using my Mini 311 is like being a prototype tester for the 11" MBA these last year :D

Anonymous said...

But how fast is the 1.4Ghz core2duo compared to the 1.6Ghz N270 ?

The thing that would really make a difference with my 311c, is the IPS lcd screen, compared to the dull 311c's TN.

LeMaurien19 said...

Here's a comparison: (N280 though & 1.4 GHz Core2Duo)

Intel Comparison: Atom N280 & 1.4 GHz Core 1 Duo