05 October 2009

A Yellow Situation No More

I changed my hard drive icon manually in Snow Leopard to rid my Desktop, Finder Sidebar and what not of too much yellow stuff. But that was only supercial and I knew it was never gonna be anything permanent; either I'd google for a resolution until I ran of breath or I'd brick my install by manually editing kexts to load onto the EFI partition.
I changed my hard drive icon manually in Snow Leopard to rid my Desktop, Finder Sidebar and what not of too much yellow stuff. But that was only superficial and I knew it was never gonna be anything permanent; either I'd google for a resolution until I ran out of breath or I'd brick my install by manually editing kexts to load onto the EFI partition.


Turned out I didn't have to go through either of those.


So taking a hint from insanelymac.com, I edited my IOACHIFamily.kext differences from the instructions. Snow Leo recognizes the Mini's 60 gig Toshiba hard drive as ATA, not SATA. So that means there should an entry in the info.plist for that kext's IOATABlockStorage plugin kext that specifies that that ATA device is internal.



Here's the
kext.

If you're on Chameleon, put in your /Extra/Extensions or /Extra/GeneralExtensions (for those who went the NetbookBootMaker route), update. Restart.

Your internal ATA drive should now be reflected as internal indeed.







And no longer is it ejectable :D

No comments: