The team has decided that RC2 will not be for GA release.
Major Update 10.6.3 Ready
*Member names citation here does not mean ownership of kexts mentioned; ONLY work based on modification or patching efforts on already existing kexts are assumed as priority in this thread and SOLELY for reference related to project maintenance.
A. CPUIDOverride.kext and CPUIDSymbols.kext (current OSx86; from meklort)
- enable use of vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext which eliminates need for Disabler.kext or NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext
B. VoodooPS2Controller.kext (poofyhairguy)
- installed in /System/Library/Extensions with additional component AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext installed in /EFI/Extra/Extensions. More stable than previous ApplePS2Controller.kext/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext combo.
C. VoodooHDA v2.6 (aikidoka25)
- offers better support for 3.5 jack: both Line-In and Headphone
D. DSDT.aml (MowgliBook)
- Updated for current Bios F.14 version. Device HPET fixed to enable use of vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (see A. above)
As you can see, this is a rather on the avant-garde side with integration of native Apple Power Management through the use of meklort's CPUIDOverride and CPUIDSymbols kexts that fools OS X into thinking we've got a valid MacBook "penryn" Intel CPU.
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, which is this Power Management kext, is no longer disabled; we've chucked out Disabler or NullCPUPowerManagement in turn. Also, SleepEnabler.kext is also not needed as the aforementioned power management kext takes care of sleep.
New keyboard and trackpad VoodooPS2Controller for less Kernel Panics and VoodooHDA v2.6 in lieu of downgrading to 10.6.2 AppleHDA since 10.6.3 AppleHDA dropped support for the Mini 311's audio hardware.
It's a promising setup alright BUT NOT UNTIL speedstepping and overall stability are sorted out. Thus for the HF5GA release, we've opted to go back to, HF4 stock:
- VoodooPowerMini - for power management with readily available speedstepping functionality which then implies use of SleepEnabler - 10.6.3 version by meklort for sleep/resume and NullCPUPowerManagement from previous HP Mini 311 Darwin Project releases.
- ApplePS2Controller - VoodooPSController has been reported to be buggy (slow and freezes at times during use)
- Everything else - CPUInjector, AppleACPIBatteryManager, and fakesmc
New stuff retained from HF5RC2:
- VoodooHDA v2.6
- DSDT.aml updated compatible with latest Bios F.14 with HPET and P-state/dsdt incorporated speedstep (for possible future transition to stock AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)
HP Mini 311 Darwin Project HF5RC3
for tentative release tomorrow is now available and if favored as positive, will become the HF5GA release.