Now I can say that I truly know MacBook Mini's heart (and guts)
> IMPORTANT: Proven to work on HP Mini 1001TU with 2 GB RAM
1) Install iDeneb 10.5.5 - ICHx; ACPI; Cpus=1 fixes (I don't bother to specify video as IntelGMA950 since this will be taken care of later anyhow)
2) After install, once in OS X (resolution still squashed 600 x 480), enable root user (Directory Utility > Edit > Enable Root User) and login to root.
3) Install OSx86_Essentials on your main OS X HDD, checking "Apply kexts" and "PC_EFI Chameleon". Run DSDT patcher and make sure there's a copy of the resulting "dsdt.aml" file in your "/" directory. While you're still logged in as root, (don't apply all the kexts yet) instead go to /System/Library/Extensions folder and delete the ff:
- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (if it's there in your Extensions folder)
4) Run the 10.5.7 Combo Updater (you can do this while still logged in as root or switch to your own user account; I usually switch to my user from this point onward). Do not restart yet after update installation is don. Install VoodooPS2Controller first. Restart.
5) You'll be back at your desktop, resolution is still squashed but your keyboard & trackpad will be functional. Install the kexts. Restart.
Note: you can opt to install the kexts batch by batch; i.e. vid kexts first, then network related kexts, then system kexts like sleep, OpenHaltRestart, etc., so on and so forth or, if you want, one by one, restarting your mini after each kext application just to be sure/diagnosis purposes. Coz sometimes, when I install them all at once, not all become functional immediately - in which case, I just re-apply the kexts and restart and so far, that's worked fine on my setup.
I also disable deep sleep to get rid of the "sleepimage has garbage" message on boot up and also regain HDD space.
$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
then delete sleepimage file in /Private/var/vm.
Here are all the stuff I used on my mini (click them to download):
> video kexts (updated: now links to rebundled "QE_VidKexts.zip")
> all the other kexts (updated: now links to "my1001TUotherkexts.zip" which has Natit.kext removed from the bundle as it 's been moved to "QE_VidKexts.zip")
> VoodooPS2Controller installer